Thursday, May 20, 2010

Friday Thoughts: Happy Birthday to My French Fry

Have you ever been out to eat when your grilled chicken sandwich basket arrives at your table, you squirt ketchup in the corner of the wax paper and begin dipping your hot-outta-the-grease french fries into the vinegary red goodness, when all of a sudden you grab the end of one fry and keep pulling only to realize that you have most definitely snagged the world's longest french fry? You stop to admire it. Point it out to all of your fellow diners. Observe it from all angles. Hold it up a little too high in the air so that if your waitress passes by and sees it you can mentally high-five her for slipping you this record setting potato stick. You definitely don't eat it right away, because this fry is unique. This fry made your day. This fry put a smile on your face. I suppose it's only fitting that this quirky anecdote comes to mind when I think about my husband. He's the most unique, day-making, smile-inducing "french fry" I've ever met. I like that in a person I love, so, naturally, I married him. And Friday is his birthday! Join me in making a special wish for him today. Happy birthday, hubby! You're the cheese to my macaroni, the frosting on the cake, the cherry on top, and the incredible french fry with my grilled chicken basket!



Aliza

1 comment: