Monday, July 12, 2010

One Year Ago...

One year ago I...

woke up early, threw back the covers, and jumped on the bed

stood at the top of a hill hearing the dreamy notes of a guitar swimming through the air

walked slowly to make the moment last

sneaked a peek at my grandmothers over my shoulder

kissed and kissed and kissed

wore purple 3 1/2 inch heels. On the beach.

ate my entire dinner

laughed so hard when he said "I agree with everything Aliza just said."

was hoisted into the air on a chair for the loudest, wildest, most energetic Hora ever

wore gold 1/2 inch flip flops. On the dance floor.

scarfed down a pizza at two in the morning

...married my best friend.


We celebrated our first wedding anniversary yesterday, reminiscing about the day, the whirlwind year, and thought about the future, but really only planned as far out as the wedding cake dessert course...which, by the way, was incredibly delicious! It was an amazing day as I became a wife, a newlywed, and a Werner (no easy feat!). With the love and support of our family and friends, we've started a marriage that, in my humble opinion, rocks my socks. Happy Anniversary to my hubby and "hip hip hooray" for marriage!


Images from our wedding day courtesy of our rockstar photographers, Amy and Andy Holley of A&A Photography! Some of our favorite memories...







Aliza

No comments:

Post a Comment